There’s more to a web hosting company than just having your site hosted and appearing online.
At a time when digital shopping by UK consumers is at an all-time high, most businesses are yet to make the most out of this new reality. Sometimes, it’s not enough having a nicely designed website or having the best prices in the market; if your hosting company isn’t doing things right then everything else will fail.
Whether you’re a small business that’s seeking to grow and expand, whether you’re s big business with branches across different cities, or even an individual looking to start blogging seriously; this guide is for you. By the time you’re done the reading, you’ll know why picking the right web hosting company matters and how to pick the ideal one. Here we go;
- What is web hosting; the internet is where most people head when looking for information, shopping, entertainment, and such like. Web hosting is a service offered by hosting companies to websites that want to appear on the search engines. Having a website designed or a blog post is one thing; having it hosted by a service provider is another. Internet users doing their searches on major search engines always click on URLs they think will lead them to what they’re looking for. As a business owner, you should always strive to have your website appear on the top results for as long as possible.
- How does web hosting benefit my business; with a good web hosting service provider, your website is given the wings to soar and hover over the search engines. A shopper looking for the best coffee shop in London, affordable Laptops in London; he or she is likely to quickly click on the top results from search engines. Once they’ve clicked, visitors usually have less than 5 seconds to decide whether they’ll stay on the site or quickly exit; depending on how the site is responding! Sites that keep on loading without displaying the requested content, sites that keep going down every now and then; these can be a real turnoff to any shopper. The web hosting service provider you pick determines how fast your site will be, how secure and reliable the site is.
- How is web hosting done; web hosting companies have the infrastructure and technological wherewithal to host numerous companies all at a go. There are different hosting plans like Personal Hosting, Business Web Hosting, and PBN Hosting. Your web needs are what will determine the package that’ll work for you. Needless to say, the more costly the plan you pick, the more the disk space and data transferring abilities. The web hosting service provider can host you on what’s known as Dedicated servers; this is whereby your business site is given an own server, no sharing. You get to enjoy faster speeds, more security for your data, and lesser instances of the site going down. Shared hosting, on the other hand, entails several users sharing disk space on the same servers. Each disk is safe and secure, with a specific amount of space assigned to each account. There’s also Virtual Private Servers, also called cloud servers; these host sites in the clouds where data is more secure and migrating from one host to the other greatly simplified.
- How can I identify a good web hosting company in the UK: there are tens, if not hundreds of web hosting companies in the UK. Finding the right one isn’t a walk in the park. However, it’s not rocket science. A web hosting company like SeekaHost has been in business for over 18 years, serving different businesses across the UK; you clearly cannot compare such a service provider with one who entered the market a year or two years ago! A good web hosting service provider should have a thorough understanding of the UK digital marketing landscape, and how it works. They should understand the importance of timely tech support, as well as availing affordable hosting packages to cater to the different needs of individuals/businesses.
- How relevant is web hosting to your UK business; well, over 80% of all UK consumers conduct quick searches online before buying a product they’re interested in. That aside, we have over 50 million people who access the internet each month across the UK. Woe unto your website if it doesn’t have a good presence online! This presence is greatly determined by the hosting service provider you’re working with. As more and visitors click on your site, the huge traffic may make the website start dragging, loading without yielding results. For those with ecommerce payment options, shoppers may be unable to complete transactions. Getting an Unlimited Business web hosting plan is a sure way to avoid any such scenarios. By 2020, it is expected that over 50% of all shopping in the UK will be being conducted on mobile phones! Start positioning yourself early by picking SeekaHost; let’s handle all your UK web hosting needs affordably, professionally.